Problem Solver Masterclass
Do You Want The People In Your Team To:
This is an on-line program which develops front-line employees into knowledgeable problem solvers. But it doesn’t end there. Each participant is led through a program of work where they apply their newly learned techniques to solve a real problem in your organisation.
What does this course deliver?
If you are looking for a program where employees solve problems and deliver a return on training investment, in 2 hours of their time per week, this one is for you.
We train your people to Yellow Belt level in the Lean Six Sigma methodology. In this program, training effectiveness is not left to chance. Problem Solvers learn all of the theory but in addition pursue a process improvement project and get help and support from us all the way.
Problem Solvers work through each of the stages of D.M.A.I.C. (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control). There are no complicated statistical techniques to learn. However, some basic analysis of data is required.
Lean Six Sigma is regarded as the best approach to process improvement and problem solving. It is used by countless organisations across the planet to deliver better business results.
Training levels in Lean Six Sigma reflect the belt system in martial arts. Yellow Belt is the first practitioner level. From that foundation, people can progress to Green Belt and Black Belt.
DMAIC is an abbreviation of the 5 step process improvement method of Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control. This is an extremely well proven method for delivering improvement and is used extensively by organisations large and small across the world.
What's included in this program?
- A complete Problem Solving training course, delivered “Just In Time” fashion which syncs up with the participant’s selected process improvement project.
- A dedicated Problem Solver Coach who will support and guide Problem Solvers through their journey.
- Feedback and Weekly Check-ins with the coach on project assignments so that participants feel confident about their decisions and know they are on the right track.
- Weekly live group calls to check understanding where attendees can ask questions, get feedback, share strategies, and get help working through any difficulties they are experiencing.
- Unlimited email support from the coach so people can always get help, feedback, or additional support when needed.
- 1×1 calls with the coach at key milestones to celebrate progress, prepare for next steps, and troubleshoot any potential roadblocks.
- Templates and Formats to support Problem Solving to provide participants with the step-by-step guidance they need.
- All training notes so that participants can replicate the problem solving method on future project.
How does it work?
The program is delivered in small bite-size sessions on a weekly basis. The intention is that participants can complete the learning and their improvement project while continuing with their normal job.
This way, participants can learn and solve a problem by allocating
only 2 hours of their normal work week to the program!
The weekly schedule for participants looks like this:
- Monday: Watch the training videos with notes at hand
- Monday to Friday: Complete the week’s assignment
- Wednesday: Send short email update to the coach
- Thursday: Attend the cohort call via e.g. Zoom
- All of the above represents roughly 2 hours per week
- The program lasts 12 weeks (it’s a 90 day improvement project!)
Who should participate?
- We want to work with people who are interested in making a significant and measurable improvement in their organisation.
- This could be someone looking for personal career development and who, through this program, can demonstrate their ability to grow, develop and contribute.
- We are looking for people who are interested in gaining knowledge and learning new skills.
- Academic qualifications are not required, but some basic numeracy and familiarity with using Excel will be useful.
- Participants should have a “finisher – completer” approach to projects.
- Attendees will have a management “sponsor” i.e. someone who is keen to see the participant succeed and help them through any roadblocks.
Tried and Tested Method!
This is our proven system of learning, coaching, and guidance to develop the professional skills of employees and support them to bring demonstrable results to your organisation. Don’t forget, the lessons are all released in digestible sessions which are interspersed with coaching and assignments.
Welcome and Course Structure
Introduction to Continuous Improvement
- Introduction to Continuous Improvement – Video 1
- Introduction to Continuous Improvement – Video 2
Introduction to Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Lean Six Sigma In a Nutshell Video 1
- Lean Six Sigma In a Nutshell Video 2
- Lean Six Sigma In a Nutshell Video 3
Explaining the Name “Lean Six Sigma”
- Why Six Why Sigma 1
- Why Six Why Sigma 2
- Why Six Why Sigma
- The Certification Levels
- The Lean Six Sigma Improvement Model
- DMAIC – The Benefits of DMAIC
- DMAIC – Project Selection
- DMAIC and the Seven Tools
- DMAIC – An Iterative Progression
- Intro to the DMAIC Define Stage
- Define – Identifying Customers – Rev 2
- Define – Voice of the Customer
- Define – CTQs
- Define – The Problem Statement
- Define – Framing the Issue
- Measure – Introduction
- Measure – Types of Data
- Measure – How Much Data To Collect
- Measure – Data Collection Plan
- Measure – Means Medians Modes
- Measure – Range and Intro to Standard Deviation
- Measure – Tally and Bar Charts
- Measure – Tally Charts and Histograms
- Measure – Histograms in Detail
- Measure – Process Capability Charts
- Measure – Process Sigma Level
- Measure – Calculating Standard Deviation
- Analyse – Intro to this Stage
- Analyse – Flowcharting
- Analyse – Flowchart Diagnostic
- Analyse – Eight Forms of Waste
- Analyse – Flowchart Summary
- Analyse – Brainstorming
- Analyse – Cause and Effect Diagrams
- Analyse – Cause Screening
- Analyse – The 5 Whys
- Analyse – Pareto Diagrams
- Improve – Introduction
- Improve – From Causes to Solutions
- Improve – Piloting Solutions – PDSA
- Improve – Solutions Grid
- Control – Intro to this Stage
- Control – Trend Charts and Comparisons
- Control – Control Plans
If you are interested in our Problem Solver Masterclass then please fill out the form below and we'll be back in touch.
Example Video – Introduction to Continuous Improvement (expand to play full screen).